Bioelectrical impedance analysis
$10.00 / unit
This is the quickest and least invasive method of body composition assessment. This technique uses very low electrical currents to estimate body composition. The Exercise Science Lab Director (Terence Moriarty - [email protected]) will email you regarding scheduling following receipt of payment or you can email and schedule in advance of payment (either works).
Note: Not safe for those with pacemakers.
- Do not eat or drink anything (water is okay) 2-4 hrs before testing.
- Avoid gas-producing foods for 24 hrs before the test.
- Do not participate in any hard exercise before testing.
- Avoid consuming things that may have a diuretic effect (alcohol, caffeine, quick weight loss diets, fasting, or diuretic medication).
- Avoid measurement immediately after a sauna or hot shower.
- Results will not be stable during pregnancy.